Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wonderland


"You've lost your muchness!"


It's finally here! Tim Burton and Disney's Alice in Wonderland is now in theaters, and if you didn't rush to the theater to see it last Friday, then stop reading this blog now and go see it. You don't even have to see it in 3D (I didn't, but I want to soon!). Just see it. I am sure the effect will be the same.

I was too excited for this movie to come out. I kept seeing pictures of Jonny Depp in is Mad Hatter getup, The Red Queen's fabulous makeup, the gorgeous scenery...March 5th couldn't come fast enough. I have to admit, at first I was a little upset that Tim Burton was doing a 'remake' of this movie--to remake a Disney classic is a sin.

And then I found out it was actually a Disney movie, and I felt a lot better.

For those of you who are concerned like I was about this twist on a childhood favorite, don't be. Yes, it's real actors and fancy animations and scenery and some of the characters look absolutely crazy (but it's Wonderland--what do you expect?), but it's not a movie that wipes away the original movie at all. It's just another adventure for Alice. It left me thinking that everyone should have his or her own little Wonderland; for Alice, it was a place that taught her so much. I know that's incredibly vague, but I hate even the tiniest of spoilers. I'm a dork like that. Besides, once you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about. All of the hype is greatly deserved. Alice in Wonderland is a beautiful movie, and if you're wondering why...go see it, because there is no way I am giving it away. =)

1 comment:

  1. I've been incredibly excited about this movie for a long time too! Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors and I can't wait to see what he did with Alice! I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it so I'm looking forward to seeing it myself =).

    ReplyDelete